I’m up insanely early due to whining dogs and screeching cats, so to keep the anger suppressed I’m searching for a little literary news this morning.
- The Guardian has a lengthy piece that has writers and other literary types picking a few of their favourite books of the year. I sifted through to find some poetry titles I might be interested in getting my hands on.
- Siblin and Brown are up for the 2010 National Award for Canadian Non-fiction.
- Naomi Klein has a new book in the works called No Logo. This piece does a brief overview of it. I put this here merely because my wife is reading The Shock Doctrine now and I’m paging through it every now and then.
- A lovely overview of a Welsh/British form of verse called the englyn. Kind of like the haiku, only cooler. Makes me want to try some of these.
- The National Post has a list of some historically inspired books you might find interesting. I’ve got the first of these on the shelf ready to go, if I can ever get to it.