I’m off sick today and can do very little beyond being a passive participant in existence. Here’s a couple items for you.
- A document of a legal nature that ensured that Thomas Paine’s marriage was dissolved, while giving him enough money to flee the country.
- The Paris Review is seeking a new editor. This article recounts some of the magazine’s importance and contribution to the publishing world.
- Photos and readings from the Harbourfront reading series to be archived.
- That rare Darwin first edition has sold at auction for $174,000 Cdn.
- This last one is not about books, but is an interesting read, both for the subject matter (which is unfamiliar in Canada), but also the Northern Territory’s planned reaction to a camel invasion. I kid you not. Some australian’s are livid.