Stephen Rowe is a poet and the author of Never More There (Nightwood Editions, 2009), as well as a second collection called geo•logics to be released by Breakwater Books in the spring of 2015. His work has appeared in such publications as The Antigonish Review, Arc Poetry Magazine, Contemporary Verse 2, The Famous Reporter, Iota, The Newfoundland Quarterly, and Riddle Fence. Originally from Heart’s Content, he now lives in Gander.
“Eloquent and passionate, Rowe is poet of real promise.”
“This is why people read poetry: to savour something crisp, vivid and apt.”
- 2013 – Winner, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award for poem “Point of Reference”
- 2012 – Winner, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award for poem “The Doctor”
- 2012 – Never More There shortlisted for Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage and History Award
- 2011 – Winner, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award for poem “My Father’s Pocket Knife”
- 2008 – Finalist, Fresh Fish Award for Emerging Writers for early manuscript version of Never More There