Stephen Rowe is the author of Never More There (Nightwood Editions, 2009), a collection of poetry that explores the fundamental connection between the personal and cultural aspects of modern life in Newfoundland and Labrador. His work has appeared in such publications as The Antigonish Review, Arc Poetry Magazine, Contemporary Verse 2, The Famous Reporter, Iota, The Newfoundland Quarterly, Riddle Fence, and The Toronto Quarterly. A teacher of geography and writing, Stephen now makes his home in Gander, Newfoundland.
- 2013 – Winner, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award for poem “Point of Reference”
- 2012 – Winner, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award for poem “The Doctor”
- 2011 – Winner, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award for poem “My Father’s Pocket Knife”
- 2012 – Never More There shortlisted for Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage and History Award
- 2008 – Finalist, Fresh Fish Award for Emerging Writers for early manuscript version of Never More There